Our first ‘high-end’ cable for very high-bandwidth streaming audio applications, featuring the Grun Coherent Earthing System.
Wide bandwidth CAT6A compliant high-speed OFC solid-core cable engineered for precisely-defined digital signal transmission.
Digital theory suggests that data is nothing more than a sequence of ‘ones & zeros’ and all that’s required of a cable is to transfer data around the network. While that’s essentially true, it emerges as an overly simplistic perspective when considering high-resolution low-level signals.
While the OSI 7 layer Ethernet protocol specification covers packet switching, error correction, timing and end-to-end transmission, as in any audio cable there are areas where the selected materials, construction techniques, connectors, and termination methods can all audibly impact the signal integrity. All Atlas streaming Ethernet cables are tested to and certificated to be compliant to the highest ISO/TIA standards for patch cords.
Atlas streaming cables benefit from the expertise and experience gained with the continuing development and evolution of our high-speed video and USB audio cables.
Our optimised insulation displacement solder-free construction methods produce a continuous high-integrity fully-shielded signal path avoiding the breaks in material continuity which degrade ultimate fidelity. We utilise high-purity solid-core OFC conductors with stable low-loss PEF dielectric, a zinc die-cast RJ45 connector, in a precision-calibrated production process which pays particular attention to maintaining the balance between tight twist ratios and symmetrical twist patterns, minimising signal errors. Fewer errors means the correction circuitry in the receiving device has less work to do - a high level of error correction can itself introduce more noise – extracting and processing the data.
Our Mavros cable features our Grun Coherent Earthing System as an achromaticl part of maximising performance from Ethernet sources, by draining this “noise”’ away to an ‘independent’ ground.
The Grun connection can be made via the supplied Grun lead with spade tag (connect to your amplifier’s chassis or ground post), or for optimum performance, the optional Grun mains adaptor connected to a power socket or mains distribution block.
This ‘noise’ doesn’t directly present as ‘hash’ or interference, but impacts on a DAC’s clock accuracy and error correction circuitry, compromising fidelity – the practical, audible result is a cleaner audio signal with a wider dynamic range and less of the ‘glare’ which typically results from high levels of unwanted ‘energy’ in the signal data
- Male RJ45 Connector - Precision-cast RJ45 connector using the Atlas-preferred crimped triple-prong method for effective, consistent termination – a meticulously calibrated process which ensures full compliance with ISO/TIA certification standards.
- OFC Copper Conductor - OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) was developed based on research that sound quality was related to the quality of copper and the processing used during cable manufacture.
- PEF Dielectric - PEF (Foamed Polyethylene). The foaming process uses a blowing agent, of which there are two types. Atlas use the gas-foamed method which creates a more inert, consistent and higher quality product.
- S/FTP Construction - Optimised solid-core OFC conductor in screened/foiled twisted pair. The configuration minimises crosstalk and improves rejection of external electromagnetic interference which can manifest as unwanted noise.
- Grun Coherent Earthing System - An independent system earth which eliminates low-level RFI, EMI and noise on the signal ground.
|Screened/foiled wisted pair
Book a Demo:
Atlas Mavros Grun Streaming Ethernet cable
Trade in form:
Atlas Mavros Grun Streaming Ethernet cable
Delivery & Returns
We offer FREE delivery to the mainland UK (excluding Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of White, Isles of Scilly, and some of the remote Scottish Isles).
For other areas please contact us for a quote. Select items can be delivered internationally by prior agreement. Again please contact us for a quote. We will always do our best to help.
Our aim is to dispatch goods within 2 working days of an order being placed. Please allow 5 working days from the time of your order to receipt of item. If an order is expected to take longer than this our order fulfillment department will contact you to inform you of this.
Where multiple items are ordered, we will dispatch them all in one package. If you have ordered any special or customized items, or items otherwise not immediately available, we will dispatch the order when all items are available. If you have any concerns regarding this, please contact us and we will do are very best to help you.